Life is Beautiful

Life is Beautiful

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 5 Fort St John, BC --> Edmonton, Alberta

We left Fort St John a little later than we wanted 10:15am. The roads were clear and the skies were blue, so it was okay. Only 400 mile trip today, not much to report on the days drive, it was pretty uneventful, except for kittycow. We were just leaving Grande Prairie at about 1:30pm and I was getting sandwiches out of the cooler for the boys. I was facing the back of the car helping John get started on his sandwich and then turned around to get Scott’s out for him when we heard a howl. I turned around to find the cat in the far back of the car stuck in John’s extra bib. It was hilarious! We aren’t sure how she did it, but it was great! She jumped into the seat next to John like she was ready for a sandwich of her own. You will have to check out the pictures on flickr to appreciate the full effect. We arrived to Edmonton about 530pm. It was just barely getting dark. We quickly checked in and scoped out the room to see how we were going to sneak the cat in. We went to find a luggage cart and saw a bellman walking with an empty one, Scott asked him if we could borrow it and he offered to help us, we insisted that we were fine, but he insisted on helping us. Scott and I looked at each other with the “oh shit” look and kindly accepted his services. We walked out to the carport and Scott quickly suggested that he would pull the car up to the curb. So while I kept the bellman busy waiting for Scott; Scott was stuffing the cat into John’s suitcase and covering all the cat evidence (food, litter box) into a blanket. He pulled around and the bellman continued to help us load all our luggage. I suggested that we would meet Scott back in the room as I could see the cat was moving in the suitcase in the front seat. So Scott went to park the car and I proceeded to lead the bellman to our room. Scott came up shortly after the bellman was done unloading with the cat, and out of breath. He said he was nervous because our room is on the 11th floor and he rode the elevator up with a bunch of other people, he was afraid the cat would move or meow. Luckily we got the cat into the room undetected and we are all happily enjoying our wonderful room today. Scott is still sleeping and John and I are watching cartoons. We are going to wake up daddy in a minute so we can find some breakfast. We are going to go and check out the mall today and do laundry.

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, Scott and John:

    thank you for sharing your great adventure with the rest of us! I enjoy reading and seeing the photos of your expedition south. Sorry I did not get to say my "See you laters" to all of you; but I know in my heart I will see you all again. Safe travels and keep up the great stories! Love and hugs - Sophie and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, are you serious!? That is so hilarious! Poor kitty- I'm amazed the cat didn't make a sound!

    ReplyDelete