Life is Beautiful

Life is Beautiful

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Watson Lake -> Testa River Service and Campground

Wednesday


Had a good night last night in the little RV park. Quiet and peaceful, clean and good showers. I made the boys pancakes this morning which was a nice change from cereal and pop tarts. We had a minor repair this morning. The bed that folds from the dining table caved in. Wesley was in his car seat napping and the table part fell through. The table didn’t break it was the brace holding the table. It was only be held by three short screws. Luckily my nerd brought his handy dandy tool bag and was able to whip out a repair in no time.

On the road about 12:30pm after we stopped at the signpost forest for some pictures and to let John run around for a bit before we strapped him in. On the way out of town we stopped for fuel $1.394 per liter, I went into the station for a coke for Scott and for some feminine products…$12!!! Holy cow, I had my little bag of Canadian money with some Loony ($1) and Toony ($2) coins in it thinking it was going to be $5 or so… when she said $12 I had to ask her to repeat it! I thought I was hearing the cents, not the dollars. I had to whip out a US $20. LOL

Today was the day of bear watching, we saw several bear on the side of the road. We stopped for one that was really close to the road and took some video. As we were pulling away the bear charged the camp trailer. We couldn’t decide if he wanted to get in to the food, or if he was charging because he didn’t know what it was. It has been funny watching the tourist as we go down the road. We could always tell when there is wildlife ahead… the tourist don’t even bother pulling off the road. They just put on their hazard lights (maybe) and pullover to get their scrapbook photos. We have also seen Stone Sheep, Moose, and Bison.

We are stopped at Tetsa River Services and Campground for the night. They claim that their “Galactic Cluster” cinnamon bun is the best in the territory. Scott and John are going to find out. We have to visit the main lodge to get Wi-Fi and there is no cell service here. So this will be our only transmission for today. We are about 70 miles north of Ft Nelson.

I didn’t drive at all today.

2 comments:

  1. What?? No driving???? Don't make me have to come down there and "speak" to Scott. Glad that you are seeing so much wildlife. What an adventure!!!

    Heather��

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these adventures make me want to do the trip again. Glad you are enjoying it...and holy hell, Canadians are proud of there kotex!! The thought of you guys frantically searching for kitty cow in the park makes me chuckle everytime I think of it :) Love ya!! Amy

    ReplyDelete