Life is Beautiful

Life is Beautiful

Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 3 Whitehorse, Yukon --> Watson Lake, Yukon

We left Whitehorse at 11am this morning, kind of a lazy morning I guess you could say. It was snowing and 21 degrees when we left. The roads seemed to be getting worse, and a few hours down the road it was confirmed. We pulled into Watson Lake at 5pm. It took us 6 hours to go a little over 300 miles. We saw two moose on the side of the road, not much else other than a bunch of animal’s tracks in the snow - up the hills. Scott drove the entire day; he is stubborn with the steering wheel. Plus I get hypnotized by the road, I get sleeping too fast, and he won’t let me multitask while driving…go figure! :) (Scott typing now)-Staying at the Belvedere Motor Inn, which is a drastic improvement over last night – still an older building, but the rooms are larger and more comfortable. We ate dinner in the lounge; my lasagna tasted mysteriously like spaghetti; interestingly enough there was a large meatball in it. If we get going early and the roads and weather are good, we’re hoping to get to Fort St. John.

2 comments:

  1. You will be getting into Nick Hammonds old stomping ground soon. I think Dawson Creek and Beaver Lodge are a couple of the places that he was. Drop his name and they may not deport you! Drive safe --Stubborn McDonalds we like to drive, that we are are in control...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, how fun to follow you on your trip! I can't imagine doing that drive in snow- YOU are amazing! Keep driving safely! Muncho Lake was always a highlight for me, because it's green! I bet it's frozen now though...bummer. Be safe and get there soon!

    ReplyDelete